The University of Cape Coast invites applications from experienced, results-oriented and highly motivated individuals for the position of Dean, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
The Dean shall be the Academic and Administrative Head of the School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences responsible to the Vice Chancellor through the Provost of the College of Health & Allied Sciences for providing leadership to the School and for maintaining and promoting the efficiency and good order of the School. He or She shall be responsible for creating and delivering on a dynamic and innovative vision, developing, fostering and nurturing collaborative relationships with relevant partners of the School and achieving viability of the programme. In addition, the Founding Dean shall be responsible for facilitating the recruitment of other faculty members, leading the School in Strategic Planning and identifying and cultivating opportunities for research and collaboration.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants must be scholars of high repute and of professorial status. They must possess a PhD in Pharmacy or related field. In addition, applicants must be Registered Professional Pharmacists. They must be individuals of stature and high integrity with strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills capable of executing the responsibilities outlined above.
In addition, applicants must also show evidence of the following qualities:
- Understanding, commitment and ability to promote the mission of the University, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences and its Departments
- Ability to inspire the Faculty and articulate a clear vision that showcases the school’s strengths while developing new levels of excellence.
- Proven ability to work effectively with academic administrators, faculty, students, alumni, donors, health system and health professionals to foster effective teaching, learning and research.
- Proven ability to build consensus and effectively manage conflicts
- Ability to foster an inclusive environment that welcomes faculty, staff and students of diverse backgrounds and experiences
TERM OF OFFICE
The Dean of the School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences shall hold office for a period of three (3) years and shall be eligible for re-appointment for another term only.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Salary and Fringe benefits attached to the position are attractive and will be specified in the letter of appointment.
Mode of Application & Closing Date
- Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should please submit applications and comprehensive curriculum vitae, together with relevant supporting documents, and a Three-Page Vision Statement to:
University of Cape Coast
- Applicants should request three (3) referees to submit reports on them directly to the above address
- The closing date for the receipt of application is Friday, 21st June, 2019
Application forms are obtainable from the Senior Members Section, Directorate of Human Resource, University of Cape Coast. The forms could also be downloaded at Senior Members Application Form - Teaching