The University of Cape Coast invites applications from experienced, results-oriented and highly motivated individuals for the position of Director, Directorate of Public Affairs.
The Directorate of Public Affairs is responsible for building and maintaining the University’s corporate image and relationship with key publics, as well as managing events and communication with the University’s stakeholders.
The applicants must:
- Have two-Year Post-graduate degree in Public Relations/Affairs, Communication or Journalism with relevant professional or public relations experience.
- Be an accredited member of a recognized relevant professional body.
- Have at least 8 years of post-qualification senior level experience as practitioner and possess considerable strategic, interpersonal and collegial skills, and be able to function within the Higher Education Sector.
- Have high-level analytical skills, business sense as well as a deep understanding and appreciation of the strategic and operational issues and challenges in top-level University management and administration.
- Have served or must be serving as Deputy Registrar/Deputy Director or analogous grade in a university or analogous institution.
The Director shall head the Directorate of Public Affairs and shall be responsible to the Registrar for University protocol, organising official University events, documenting University history, culture and symbols as well as oversight of the University’s Campus Broad Casting Services.
He/she will be the central spokesperson for the University and shall plan and implement the strategic and operational aspects of the Public Relations and Corporate Affairs of the University.
Tenure of Office
The position, which is full time, is for a four-year term, renewable upon application for a second term only.
Mode of Application & Closing Date
1. Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should please submit completed application forms obtainable from the Directorate of Human Resource (Senior Members Section) or here together with curriculum vitae, a Vision Statement and other relevant supporting documents to:
University of Cape Coast
2. Applicants should request three (3) referees to submit written reports on them directly to the above address
3. The closing date for the receipt of applications is 31st March, 2020.