CONSULTANCY SERVICES UNDER WORLD BANK AFRICA CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE IN COASTAL RESILIENCE (ACECoR)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
As part of the Africa Centre of Excellence Impact Project (ACEIII), the World Bank and the Government of Ghana (GoG) is supporting a five-year capacity building program at the University of Cape Coast to promote coastal resilience within the West and Central African sub-regions. The objective of the Africa Centre of Excellence in Coastal Resilience (ACECoR) Project is to support the development of technical and scientific capacity of young African professionals to develop integrated solutions to address coastal degradation in the countries of intervention through short to long-term professional and academic training programmes. It will deliver high quality postgraduate courses, international caliber research focused on addressing coastal developmental challenges. In this context, University of Cape Coast is leading the World Bank (ACE III) Impact project on Capacity Building sub-component. This will be achieved through partnerships and collaboration with academia, research institutions and industry, locally and internationally.
As part of activities aimed at achieving the broader objectives, the University of Cape Coast intends to apply part of the World Bank Funds under the contract to carry out the following consultancy services:
IFT No.: CR/UCC/CS/0003/2020 (UCC/ACE/08/2020)
DESCRIPTION OF ASSIGNMENT
Engagement of Consultant for a short-term technical facilitation service to coordinate and fully execute five (5) short courses.
Scope of Assignment
The scope of services includes but not limited to the following:
- Coordinate the organization of the listed courses, whilst working closely with the ACECoR Project Office to achieve specific related Disbursement-Linked Indicators (DLIs) set out by the World Bank
- Adopt innovative methodologies to minimize risks of COVID-19 and maximize participation from females and regional candidates
- Facilitate the running of the following short courses: Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation in Coastal Areas, Fisheries Management, Integrated Coastal Zone Management, Introductory Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Intermediate GIS courses.
Specific Objectives of the Assignment
The assigned facilitator will coordinate various services in the following areas:
- Use existing training manuals on the five (5) courses to build the capacity of local, national and regional level stakeholders and professionals of coastal areas management and research in West Africa.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive short-term plan to optimise regional visibility, accessibility and participation for all five (5) short courses in this assignment.
- Develop and implement a COVID-19 prevention and mitigation plan for CCM short courses.
- Achieve at least twenty-five percent regional participation and a least of thirty percent female participation in each of the short courses in this assignment.
Duration of Assignment: one month
The University of Cape Coast now invites eligible consultants, having relevant professional backgrounds with proven track records, to express their interest in providing the above services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services. Information provided by consultants must include brochures, description of similar assignments undertaken by the consultant and clients for whom those assignments were provided, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc. that will enable the University to shortlist suitable consultants.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the Public Procurement Act, 2003 (Act 663), as amended, of the Republic of Ghana and shall meet the following criteria where applicable:
- Certificate of Registration
- Valid Tax Clearance Certificate
- VAT Certificate
- Valid SSNIT Clearance Certificate
- Evidence of registration with Public Procurement Authority
- Relevant Experience of Consultant
- Availability and Experience of relevant key staff
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below from Thursday September 3, 2020 between 8:00am and 4:30pm. Expressions of interest, comprising one original and four copies, sealed in an envelope clearly marked with the IFT No. and Name of Consultancy service, must be delivered to the address below on or before 4:00pm, Tuesday, 22nd September, 2020. Expression of interest received after the deadline for submission shall be rejected.
Central Administration Block- Old Site
University of Cape Coast, Cape Coast, Ghana
Telephone: 233-3321-32480 ext 280, 153/0242188655